BBC News

Friday, November 9, 2007

A journey of a thousand miles...

Bagan Tambang is my birth place. A beautiful place where you can see the facade of Penang Island from the peninsular, vast and vivid, from the beach where we used to play beach soccer some 25 years ago.

I spent my childhood years there, later moved on to Tiger Lane, Lembah Pantai, Hikone, Telok Panglima Garang and finally I am settling down in Andalas. What a nomadic life!

Life at Tiger Lane was a colorful one, this is the place that had molded me to be what I am right now. Lembah Pantai was quite a serious one, no time and money for fun, only for passing exams! Hikone, well, if I've passed away in the fall, if somebody were to notice it perhaps in the next summer, some 9 months away! TPG, was a culture shock, I cycled to my work place on the first month, in the sharp edged white shirt and shiny leather shoes to the laughs of my subordinates.Andalas, I am happy to call this place "home". Good enough for me & my family.

The schools are within walking distance even though they are not safe enough for my children to walk to, Bomba, Surau, Masjid, Gunting Rambut, Potong Rumput, Kedai Grocery, Kedai Basikal, Clinics (a fantastic one), Taman Rakyat, Car Accessories and the latest one, Jusco is opening up at Bukit Tinggi next month, yezzza! You turn left, you turn right, all roads lead to Jusco from Andalas!

Currently life has been very busy, with work in a mutinational, at the same time establishing my own business, in-charge of my society and taking care of my family and not to forget my parents and my siblings in the lovely Bagan Tambang. Perhaps Pluto can give me more hours in between sunsets!